Monday, October 1, 2007

October has begun!

Here we are in October...I have now completed the first weekend of each of my classes. It has been interesting to see how different each of the professors are. I also told my parents what a blessing it was that God led me to take these three classes at the same time. There have been a lot of themes that have appeared in each of the classes. Needless to say, that makes studying a lot easier. This week I have 2 critical reviews to write, plus an outline for one of the research papers that I need to do, and I need to organize my notes for an open note test I have on Saturday. This will be my first test as well as my first written assignment so I am a little nervous and want to do well. Please pray that God will guide me and give me the strength/wisdom that I need to prepare for those things.

I am also staying at Emily and Christopher's house this week. Today Emily was working so I got to play Aunt Laura and babysit Wesley! We had a very fun day together! I took advantage of nap times to get a few things done. When I'm not studying, Emily and I have a few exciting things planned while Christopher is working or out of town (as he will be at the end of the week).

I have one other quick prayer request that I keep forgetting to mention. Some of you may know that I was buying a condominium in Eden, NC where I lived before going to Bolivia. While I was overseas, I was able to rent it under the management of a realtor in Eden and the help of Emily and Christopher. However, a few weeks before I came home, I decided to put it on the market to sell as it doesn't fully pay for itself, even when it's being rented. Praise the Lord for providing a current rentor on a month by month basis who is willing to allow potential buyers in to see it. Anyway, please pray that God would provide a buyer and that I would be patient in waiting for His timing on that.

Well, I guess that's it for this week! Blessings to each of you!

1 comment:

Jared said...

Hey, Laura.

I hope all is well with you here in the States. I was looking at Mike and Aileen Kindsfater's blog the other day. Mike took school photos and posted a few of the practice shots. One is of Santiago. Made me smile. Good memories of ESL :)

Check it out:

http://mikeandaileen.blogspot.com/

Talk to you later!