Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Little Late This Week...Sorry!

Sorry I am a little late in up-dating my blog this week. Last night I realized that I had been so busy on Monday that I forgot to do it, but sense it was late, I decided to wait and do it this morning.

This weekend I drive back to Charlotte for the 1st class of the only class I haven't been to yet, New Testament Survey. I have had my first sessions of Theology Survey I and Church History Up to the Reformation. I am really enjoying both of these classes, but I believe the Church History class is my favorite so far. I find it very easy to forget that the people and places in the Bible were actually REAL and this course seems to be a great reminder of that, not to mention there are tons of things that I am learning about these people and places that I never knew! At times it's a little difficult to concentrate for so many hours, especially on Saturday afternoon, but I am often thankful that I am not working 40+ hours a week like some of the students are. I don't know how they get all of the assignments done, plus sitting in class all weekend after working all week would be extra difficult! Like I've said before, I spend most of my days reading/studying. Occasionally, I run errands for my mom and on Tuesdays/Thursdays I go with my grandfather to aerobics. Not to mention I enjoy going to the YMCA on my own on Mondays/Wednesdays when I can. Next week, in between my two classes, I plan on staying with Emily and her family in Graham. I get to babysit my nephew a couple of days and Emily and I have a few things planned. Of course, I can't miss a week of studying either, so I'm sure I'll be doing a fair amount of that!

One of the requirements with the mission is that I receive a pretty extensive check-up, while I'm home, to make sure that there is nothing wrong that could possibly delay my return to the field. In light of that, I am spending a fair amount of time this week in doctor's offices getting bloodwork and other exams taken care of. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Tonight I will go with my mom to choir practice at church. It has been awhile since I have sung in a choir, but I'm enjoying it. Although I am travelling a lot, I also continue to be active in my Sunday School class at church, when I can. They recently decided to meet in the afternoons, 2 Sundays a month for fellowship. I will enjoy doing that when I am in town.

Well, I guess that's about it for me right now! I'll try to do a more in-depth entry next week, maybe even with a few pictures! Be sure to check it out!

No comments: