Monday, September 10, 2007

Greetings from Winnsboro, South Carolina!

Obviously I was able to find a computer, with internet, here at the conference center so fortunately for you, my blog is being up-dated!

This past weekend I completed my first weekend of classes at Gordon-Conwell. Praise the Lord for helping me to complete all of the required reading for the first class and for helping me to arrive safely (without getting lost and with time to spare). The class itself was very intense. Thankfully, the professor gave us frequent breaks (about every hour and 15 minutes), plus we had time for lunch. I tried my best to get down the notes, the professor goes fast, but he is efficient and speaks on a level that is easy for me to understand! I was grateful for that! During the weekend, I had the pleasure of staying with Bruce and Linda Dial, friends of my parents from Abingdon when I was younger. They actually moved away from Abingdon quite some time before my parents did so it has been a while since I have seen them. Bruce was travelling so this time I was only able to visit with Linda. However, it was a wonderfully relaxing "girls" weekend! I really appreciated her hospitality! I hope to stay with them again while I am in Charlotte for class. My next class will be in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday, I left Charlotte and drove a little farther south...about 45 minutes...to the White Oak Conference Center for the South America Mission annual family conference. This is the first one I have gone to, but I am really enjoying the chance to meet people that I have only heard about by name! Many retired missionaries come to conference and I love hearing their stories of South America in the 50s, 60s, 70s! It's pretty amazing to even get to get a glimpse of this history! I will be here until Thursday, at which time I will drive up to Emily and Christophers for a night and then on to my parents on Friday! Thank you so much for your faithful support and prayers...this kind of longevity that I am seeing this week is only a brief sample of the thousands of people around the globe who are praying, supporting financially, and going! The network is incredible! Blessings to you all!

No comments: