Monday, October 15, 2007

Travels, travels, and more travels...

Greetings once again from my cozy little bed, upstairs at my parents' house in Franklin, Virginia! I am thankful to be writing this up-date from home.


Thank you so much for all who prayed for my trip to Chicago. I had a great time catching up with relatives that I haven't seen in awhile. I also enjoyed meeting possible recruits interested in South America Mission at Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton College. All in all, I believe it was a fruitful experience. One thing that I found very interesting, was that there have been many times in my adult life that people have described me as having an introvert personality. However, it is times like the few days I spent in Chicago that I realize just how much of an introvert I am. As much as I enjoyed being in Chicago and meeting people, it was quite exhausting for me.


After returning home on Wednesday night, I spent most of the day on Thursday running errands and packing before the next road trip. On Thursday night mom, dad, and I drove to Emily's house. Then on Friday, we went on down to Selma, AL where my Aunt Marg lives as well as my cousin Anna and her husband Bill. We were able to spend a wonderful weekend visiting with them! It was really a blessing to get to spend time with them as well as to get to share my pictures of and experiences in Bolivia. We arrived back in Franklin today, stopping to spend the night at a hotel just north of Atlanta.


All in all, I have enjoyed the experiences that God has allowed me to have in the past week. As for this week, I will be glad to have a few days at home to study and rest before going down to Charlotte this weekend for class. It is hard to believe that I am already about halfway finished with my classes this semester! That is pretty incredible! Thank you in advance for your continued prayers as I finish up all of my exams and final papers. Please continue to pray as well for the sale of my condominium as that is a constant worry of mine. Thank you as always for your faithful support and prayers!

No comments: