Friday, March 30, 2007

Nine Weeks and Counting!

Well, here we are practically in April! Incredible really! This afternoon there are some special activities at school that I plan to participate in so I'm running around trying to squeeze too many things into my morning! What else is new!

Events from this past week...

1. There is a woman at church, Leonor, who accounced that she was pregnant about the same time that Emily and Christopher told me they were expecting. It has been fun for me to watch her tummy grow and think of Emily at the same time. I am proud to say that I get to be "aunt" to more than my flesh and blood, and this little one I actually get to hold. They keep teasing me that I'm getting lots of practice in so that I'll be ready to hold Wesley when I get home. Anyway, Leonor's baby was born last Friday, 8 days after Wesley, and weighed about the same. They have not picked out a name for him, but I believe it will be Josue or Joshua. I am enjoying getting to love on him as much as I can!


2. My PreK class is usually one of the most difficult classes for me to teach. It is my largest class and they often lack discipline. However, the last couple of weeks, God has allowed me to have a great time with them. Some of the pressure to have a specific lesson for them has been removed so now, I basically work on their English using interactive play and it has been so much more enjoyable. They have loved it and I have left their room with my sanity intact! This past week I took some of my clothes and we just played dress-up for a while. This photo was taken then!


3. Please continue to pray for my preparations for going home as it consumes many of my thoughts at the moment. I continue to look for a home for my cat. It is important to me to know that she is well cared for. There are other things, some of which can't be completed until I'm getting ready to leave, but they're on my mind much of the time. It is also a difficult time, my heart feels very divided. I know that I am ready to come home for a little while, but it is difficult to pack up and say good-bye, even if it's only temporary! My sleep is affected by my stress so I feel tired a lot of the time. If only I could be successful in truly leaving it all in the Lord's hands, some times it is so difficult to let go.

Well, that's basically it for me this week. Next week I hope to up-date my blog on Thursday instead of Friday, because I will be travelling for Easter vacation. Thank you as always for your faithful prayers!

No comments: