Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Another Week Gone By...

Greetings from Santa Cruz Bolivia once again! Sorry for the delay in updating my blog! I tried to write a quick note on Friday afternoon, but it didn't save correctly which is why it ended up looking so scattered. Anyway, a lot has been going on this week and I am excited about sharing it with you!

First of all...
A couple of months ago, one of the girls in the youth group confessed that she was pregnant. After receiving a lot of advice suggesting that she shouldn't marry the father of the baby, because he is not a Christian; she chose to marry him anyway. She also stopped coming to church. Anyway, to make a long story short, about a week ago before the evening service at church, I went with a couple of girls from the youth group to visit her. We had the opportunity to talk with her about God's forgiveness and encourage her to come to church with us. The good news is that she did! It was amazing to see God's timing in it all. She was really ready to come back and ready to talk with us. It isn't going to be all peaches and cream, that's for sure. She also didn't return again this past Sunday, but there was something in it that felt like a breakthrough. I believe that with some continued support/prayers on our part combined with God's conviction and strength...she will return to Him and seek the relationship with Him that she once had.

Secondly...
I spent a fair amount of time last week visiting and helping a friend of mine from church who is sick. After several tests being run and a lot of communication with the doctor it was confirmed that she will need to have surgery to have her gall bladder removed. She has had stones in her gall bladder for awhile, but now she has more of them and they have become more irritating. We are currently working on collecting the funds that she will need for the surgery since she and her husband don't have the money. Please pray that God will provide for their financial needs.

Finally...
Beth HAuse is coming home! She flies back tonight arriving tomorrow, Tuesday, morning! Basically, she is returning knowing that she actually has two problems. One is the problem with her eye, I think I mentioned that one in an earlier blog entry. The other one is the infection in the bone of her sinuses. The discouraging news is that it appears that there really isn't anything they can do to help her and she will just need to learn to how to live with it as well as what antibiotics she can take on a more longterm basis to allow some relief. In any case, we are all very excited that she is on her way back! Please continue to pray for her and her family.

Well, I think that covers the main highlights. I took some pictures this week, but I borrowed a friends camera and so I need to get them from her before I will be able to share them with you...maybe when I update my blog on Friday, I'll be able to share them! Thanks for reading all the news, praying for me, and just in general...loving me! I appreciate each one of you!

No comments: