Friday, March 2, 2007

Is it really the beginning of March?

Hello there once again! Just so that you are aware, my plan is to update my blog each Friday so that it will be ready for you anxious readers on Monday morning. In actuality it works to check it Friday afternoon or during the weekend as well. Since I plan to write each week, I might not have a lot to say every time. This week would be one of those! However, I will list a few highlights for you...

1. My plane ticket home has been bought. I fly out at night on June 8, arriving home on June 9 around 1:00 in the afternoon.

2. I had a meeting with two of the SAM leaders to discuss my plans for departure as well as the possibility of my return. They provided me with lots of good advice concerning my preparations for leaving and some of the things I can expect when re-entering the states. If I return, they also have given me several ministry options that I can consider to see if God may be leading me in one of those directions.

3. I had a very busy week at school, since I have added on some extra tutoring assignments and there is a student teacher who will be working with me a couple of afternoons each week. God did provide a couple of moments that warmed my heart! One of them was with my Kindergarten class. I was doing a special activity with them, working on places you might go in a town. Since I was going to be giving out treats...I invited the rest of the Kindergarten class. As it turned out, I had so much fun with them. We not only had a great time while they were in my room and I felt like they learned something. Then, when we returned to their room early and their teacher wasn't there yet, I had a few minutes to just play and laugh with them! It was such a blessing to me. The other little boost that God provided was when I saw another class waiting by the kiosko (a place where the students buy snacks) and I stopped to talk to them. I found out their teacher was buying a few of them a snack as a reward, so I said, "Wow, you must have the coolest teacher in the whole school." However, the little girl's response was, "No, you are, but she's really nice." That really cracked me up, since it came from a little girl who is not in any of my classes, in any case, I appreciated the compliment.

4. Beth HAuse had her appointment with the neuro-opthamalogist who told her, praise God, that she does not have a problem with the back of her eye. He say that he believed that it is a problem with the front of the eye, but suggested that it wasn't progressively getting worse. However, the neuro-opthamalogist did recommend that she go back to the doctor she saw in November when she was in the states to see what further treatments he would suggest for her sinus issues. She has been able to schedule that appointment for Monday, March 5.

I think that's about it for this week. Stay tuned next week for more 'Lil Bits from Laura Boyce!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi Laura,
It is so exciting that you are coming home. I talked to Lynn Capps at a planning meeting last week and we talked about you for a little while. Both wondering if you were coming home this summer. Please let me know when you will be in Rockingham County. I would love to see you and hear about your experiences. Would also love for you to attend church with me. We have been praising the Lord at the Mayodan 1st Baptist Church for the last few years and would love to share that with you. Will love forward to seeing you.
Love,
Cindy Ward