Thursday, April 5, 2007

Packing Up and Other Vacation Activities

Well, here we are in April...beginning a countdown of sorts. This weekend will be exactly 2 months until I board the plane to return to the states. As usual, that's hard to believe. We are on Easter vacation from school today, tomorrow, and Monday. I started my vacation this morning by beginning the packing process. I finally organized and officially packed up my Christmas decorations, I know it's about time for that one! I also packed up a lot of my winter clothes. They aren't put away too far in case we have a cold spell, but far enough for me to feel like I was productive. After that, my friend Avelina's son Cesar came over to hang out for a little while. We had lunch then went running around to do my grocery shopping! I know, tons of fun for a 12 year old boy! Now, he's waiting for me while I write to you so I'm afraid it will be another short letter. This week has been good, short and tiring, but good. I asked a couple of other people about keeping my cat, but haven't heard back yet, please continue to be praying about that. Tomorrow my church is having a retreat so I plan to go with them for the day. In the evening, the HAuses invited me to go to their house to dye Easter eggs so I am looking forward to that! On Saturday, my friend Dana and I will be going to San Ignacio for a visit. Some of you may remember that I stayed out there last summer with a team that was here from the states. I am hoping to get to see a few of the people that I got to know while I was there. Dana needs to go as part of her orientation to the country so we are making it a multipurpose trip. I am excited about getting to show her around and getting to teach her a little more about this country. We were unable to get a bus ride for tomorrow night, because of the holiday, so we decided to fly out on Saturday morning in a small plane that SAMair owns (the aviation component of SAM). We will be staying through Monday morning and then flying back. Please pray for our safety in travel as well as our time there. I will be sure to send an update and pictures next Friday! May God bless you all as you focus on the sacrifice He made because of His love for us. Oh that we might be mindful of that every day and not just at Easter! Blessings to you all!

No comments: