Friday, April 27, 2007

Finishing Up!

This will be a short blog entry week, but enjoyable just the same. Last Monday I completed my last night teaching at CIET (the Bible Institute where I've been teaching English for about the last 3 years). The trimester has ended and by the time the next one starts it will be time for me to head home. I have enjoyed teaching in CIET and have learned a great deal from being a part of that program. If I return to Bolivia next year, I hope to be able to teach there again.

This week was a slow week for me, but it was fairly relaxing so I appreciated that. They were having achievement testing at school so many of my morning classes were cancelled, which meant that I was able to arrive late. I enjoyed many slow mornings and lengthy devotional times. Praise God for the refreshing, relaxing time!

You may remember praying for my friend Avelina who had gall bladder surgery. I am happy to report that she is doing quite well now! The true test for me was that she was able to make empanadas with me again this week (kind of like a fried hot pocket, filled with cheese or chicken/beef and vegetables). Avelina has been teaching me to make them so that I can introduce them to you all while I am home. However, since the surgery she hasn't been able to make them. I enjoy spending time with her chatting and drinking mate (in spanish the a is pronounced with a short a sound and the e is pronounced with a long a sound...just so that you don't think I'm looking for a mate!...it's a hot drink that I've come to love!).




Well, I guess that's about it for now. Thanks as always for your continued prayers! Hugs and Kisses to you all!

No comments: