Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Two Weeks To Go!

Time sure does fly when you're having fun! Last week I spent several days travelling through North Carolina; visiting friends and saying a few farewells! All in all it was a wonderful trip! I feel so blessed to have the support of so many good friends! I frequently praise God for the faithful support He has provided through all of you. Please join me too in praising Him for such a wonderful year of furlough. He has taught me so many things this year, yet He has also given me a restful time with friends and family! For these things I am extremely grateful!

As you can understand, I'm feeling the pressure of the many things that need to get done in the next couple of weeks! I won't spend much time dwelling on those things here, but I will mention a couple of them so that you will know how to pray more specifically for those needs:
1. Pray that God will provide the remaining $150 of my monthly support.
2. Pray specifically on Thursday night as I meet with the mission's committee at our church in Suffolk, VA.
3. Pray for me as I go to Washington D.C. sometime in the next week to apply for my visa.
4. Pray for me as I seek the necessary paperwork so that my dog can return to Bolivia with me.
5. Pray for wisdom and strength in completing all of the little things that need to get done before I am prepared to go.

It has been awhile since I have mentioned the political unrest in the country of Bolivia. Let me take a moment to catch you up-to-date in this area. This past weekend, in the department of Santa Cruz where I was and will be living, the people voted 85% in favor of autonomy. This would mean separating themselves more or less (especially as far as economic resources are concerned) from the rest of the country. According to some of the articles I have read, the President is basically denying that this has happened. The other departments will continue to have similar elections over the next few months. It will be interesting to see what kinds of events will follow!

Well, it is getting late and I have a full day tomorrow! May God continue to grant all of us the peace that only He can provide!

No comments: