Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Chiquito and I have arrived in Santa Cruz!

Greetings from Bolivia! As you can imagine, I don't have much time today, but I wanted to write a quick up-date so that you know everything is going well! Thank you so much for your prayers of travelling mercies. It was a very uneventful trip down! Praise God for the nice people and conveniences that he put in my path especially in the Miami airport. He worked everything out so that I was able to get Chiquito and take him outside to go to the bathroom before checking him once again for the all-night flight. We sat on the plane waiting to take off for a little over an hour, but other than that we arrived without any problem. All of my bags were here and customs barely took a second glance at my bags or my dog. All I had to do was show them the papers and they let us pass on through. I was expecting one or two friends to meet me at the airport...but apparently there were others who wanted to come too, so I had about 5 friends waiting when I came out the door! It was exciting to see them there!

Chiquito and I are settling into our new home! He seems to be enjoying himself immensely...sleeping under the bed where its cool or on the bed at times in order to keep an eye on me...leaving his scent all over the yard...checking things out...going for walks, getting treats, etc. He even appears to enjoy his new, Bolivian, dogfood which is a blessing for his mom! I'm settling in as well. It is an adjustment...there are things that I had forgotten about before which take some getting used to...such as the fear of electric shower heads and not being allowed to throw toilet paper in the toilet (must go in the trash can), etc. Thank you for your continued prayers! I'll be sure to up-date again next week to fill you in with a little more detail!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you, but we are delighted to hear how the Lord has been so close to you the whole way. Mom and Dad