Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Week Back in Santa Cruz!

Greetings one and all! I have now been back in Santa Cruz for one week! It's amazing...in some ways I feel like I've already been back for a really long time and have to keep reminding myself that it's only been a week...other times, I'm struck by differences that I had totally forgotten about.
Right now I am spending most of my time saying good-bye to those who are returning to the states. Some of them are returning permanently, others will be going to college or seminary, and others will only be gone for a year of furlough. When I'm not visiting with people and attending going away parties, Virginia (the woman I am renting the house from) and I are busy making preparations for her departure. She is getting things fixed and making sure I know who to contact in case there is a problem.


Before she leaves for the states on June 5, I am staying in a guest room that she has behind her house. It is appropriately named the castle because it sits up on the second floor (pictured above) with storage and laundry room below. The window/balcony that you see on the second floor (in the picture) is where the top picture of Chiquito and I in the hammock was taken. All in all things are going really well. It continues to be an adjustment...but I'm enjoying being back. Please continue to pray for me as I settle into the neighborhood and am able to get settled into the house after June 5. Also, pray that God will help me to find time, strength, and diligence to work on the classes that I brought with me. Thank you so much for your prayers and letters during this time! They mean so much to be! I feel especially blessed to have the support of family and friends (in the U.S. and Bolivia)! Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5/29/08

Hi Laura,

Some people at RCCC would like to know why they didn’t get to say goodbye before you left.

But anyway: I wish you enough happiness to keep you sweet.
I wish you enough hope to keep you happy.
I wish you enough success to keep you eager.
I wish you enough friends to give you comfort.
I wish you enough enthusiasm to look forward.
I wish you enough faith to banish depression:
I wish you enough determination to make each day better than yesterday.
I wish you enough………………..
Love. Mildred Gatling