Friday, May 25, 2007

2 Weeks and Counting!

Hello there family and friends! We're getting there bit by bit! Two weeks from today I will be saying my last good-byes and getting ready to board a plane for the states! I have my last meeting here at the school in about 20 minutes so I'll give you a few quick up-dates for this week and then maybe next week I'll have some pictures and more information to share.

School things are finished! My classroom is all packed up, all my grades are done, etc. This morning I have my last meeting and then tonight I am partly responsible for the reception at graduation. Other than that, my responsibilities here at the Learning Center are finished!

Yesterday I took Princessa (my cat) to the Mercado's house, which is where she will spend the next year. It was easier than I expected it to be, but still somewhat difficult. I didn't sleep well last night since she wasn't there to keep me warm. I woke up a couple of times thinking she was there and realized that it was a pillow. I know it sounds silly, but any kind of change can be hard. It also felt weird to move around this morning, checking the time and hitting snooze without her thinking I was getting out of bed. Please say a little prayer for her and the Mercado family as you think of it. I would appreciate it and I am sure they would too!

Cold weather...It seems like for the last few weeks we have had one cold spell after another, hence the struggles with my health. We are in the middle of another one this week...I got out of bed this morning to temperatures in the low 40s. That's pretty cold when there's no heat. You would think that living in this tropical paradise there would be great weather all the time, but winter is still winter. For the sake of my allergies and other cold symptoms, I am looking forward to summer weather in the states.

My friend, Dana Sterling, leaves to go to the states on Monday morning. She has a forced overnight in Miami, but will arrive home on Tuesday. Please pray for safety as she travels and for the bittersweet emotions that she is feeling. I understand them all to well!

Well, that's it for this week! I really look forward to seeing you all soon! Blessings to you all!

No comments: