Friday, May 11, 2007

4 Weeks and Counting!

Greetings from Bolivia once again! Yes the title is correct...I am down to four weeks exactly! That seems so hard to believe! We have two weeks of school left, so my goal is to get all of my school things wrapped up in that amount of time, then I will have a week to pack up and farm out my personal belongings, then I hope to have the last week to visit with friends and say my good-byes. I think that would help me to be somewhat more relaxed in leaving if I don't need to worry about packing issues my last week here.

Some of you may be curious about Chiquito, my dog...he made it home all the way to my parents without any major issues. According to my parents he is making himself at home, eating everything in sight and enjoying all of the attention. I miss having him here, but it is nice to not have to worry about him and to know that I will get to have him with me while I am at home. God really opened a lot of doors in getting him to the states, that it was rather miraculous for me to watch. Other than the obvious ones of providing a family willing to travel with him and weather that was appropriate for animal travel, there were other things as well. One of the most miraculous for me was the paperwork. I knew I needed a certificate from a vet, but I just thought the vet could sign it, etc. Apparently, it had to be stamped by a government official, etc. About 2 hours before I left with him to the airport, I had the paperwork in my hands. The vet told me that she didn't know how they got it done in time. She said that is usually takes 6 days and this time it had been done in 2. I told her I had been praying really hard...her comment was that she could tell! Praise God for His provision!

The other question that may be on the tip of your tongue is with regards to my health. The stomach issues seemed to get better but my sinus issues took a turn for the worst. I finally talked with a doctor friend in our mission who determined that I had Bronchitis. She started me on an antibiotic right away and encouraged me to get some rest. I moved into the HAuse home for a couple of days, mostly because it's nice to be pampered when I am sick, plus someone is usually home here so I have had plenty of company. I am writing from their computer now, which is dial up so I don't want to use up too many more of their minutes. I am planning to go home this afternoon. I am feeling somewhat better, but I still have a ways to go. Please continue to pray for my health. This isn't a good time for me to be sick!

This coming week is my last week of classes! YEAH! I am looking forward to that! Thank you for your continued prayers! I feel them frequently and take comfort in knowing that you are lifting me up! May God bless each one of you for your faithfulness to Him! See you soon!

No comments: