Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 21, 2010

Here we are...off to a running start this week! This past weekend, I was taking care of my friends' baby as they went to Samaipata for their anniversary. With the exception of a few fussy hours on Saturday afternoon due to gas...he was a very happy and content baby. Overall it was a lot of fun to have him around...although, I will say, I think I ended the weekend about as tired as I started it!

This week we have many activities going on for the bicentennial celebration of Santa Cruz. Tomorrow, Wednesday, the Spanish department has many activities planned including games, dramas, speakers, food, etc. There are other classes that have special things planned as well! On Thursday morning, my friend Lisa Birzer and her daughter Danielle arrive from the United States. They will be here visiting and working alongside of us for a couple of weeks. Also on Thursday, I hope to attend a special program that the Talita Cumi orphanage will be hosting to celebrate this exciting day! Then of course, Friday, September 24, will be the actual bicentennial of Santa Cruz and there will be many more activities going on in the city! Please be sure to check my blog up-date again next week for pictures of these special events!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support of the work that God is doing through me here! May God bless you for your faithfulness to Him!

No comments: