Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010

It's hard to believe that we are already halfway through September! The days seem to quickly pass by...turning into weeks...etc. At the school, we're already 5 weeks into the first quarter! Each day is a learning experience for me as elementary school principal. I continue to grow in understanding of how to discipline children, interact with parents, train teachers, etc. Of course, frequently something new pops up and I go seeking advice from our current director who worked for many years as an elementary principal in Florida. In general, I'm really enjoying this new responsibility...although it doesn't come without trials either! I covet your prayers as I seek God's wisdom in handling various situations daily.

Aside from school activities, I continue to be active in my church ministry. I enjoy playing the keyboard and singing on the worship team...as well as teaching in various Sunday school classes. This past Sunday, I taught the youth Sunday school class for the first time. It was a lot of fun and stretching for my Spanish ability!

I'm looking forward to a few different visitors in the coming weeks. This weekend, I will be babysitting a 7 month old baby whose parents are fellow SAM missionaries. They are going away for the weekend for their anniversary and asked me to take care of their son! I'm SUPER excited about it...call it the "AUNT" instinct in me! Also, at the end of this month, on September 23, I'm expecting Lisa Birzer and her daughter Danielle. They are friends of mine from Abingdon Bible Church. It will be a joy to show them my various ministries here and allow them to participate in those as well.


Finally...September 24th marks the 200th anniversary of Santa Cruz! Needless to say...the city is already getting pumped up for the activities that will occur that weekend! I bought a t-shirt last weekend to commemorate the occasion and look forward to joining in on the festivities as well! Thank you once again for your faithful prayers for the city of Santa Cruz and the work God is doing here through me! May He bless you for your faithfulness to Him!

No comments: