Thursday, September 2, 2010

Finally Getting Into a Routine...

All in all it was a great experience having the Westminster Team here in Bolivia. They were such an encouragement to me, my ministry, and many other people here!


After the team left...I jumped immediately into my responsibilities as Elementary School Principal at the Santa Cruz Christian Learning Center (the school where I've been teaching for the past several years. So far I'm really enjoying the new role; however, it doesn't come without challenges! Please pray for patience and wisdom in dealing with daily discipline issues and parental suggestions/problems. As well as in working with and training many of the new teachers that we have in the elementary staff. Many days I wish I could clone myself in order for there to be two of me...one supporting the teachers and one dealing with students/parents!



Most of my time has been spent at school...as I'm now there in a full-time capacity. Yet, as we get further into the school year and my roommates begin to feel a bit more comfortable branching out on their own in the evenings...I find that I'm able to begin getting involved once again in a few of my additional ministries. Each time there is a 5th Sunday of the month, my church organizes mission's services. As this past Sunday was the 5th Sunday...I was able to take part in planning and preparing for that. In the picture below, you'll find several other friends of mine who were playing various roles in the morning service.


Finally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my grandfather, Pick Pickles, who celebrates 105 years of life this weekend! He is such a pleasure to be around as he continues to remain young at heart! I wish him a day surrounded by those who love him in addition to many cards and other greetings (as I know he thoroughly enjoys those as well)! (Picture below was taken while I was in the states this past June.)


Thank you once again for your continued support and prayers! As I feel like I'm finally getting back into a routine...I hope to begin up-dating my blog again on a weekly basis...so look for the up-dates on Mondays! As you may have noticed, there's also a new look to my blog...that's thanks to my friend Amy Mozombite (SAM missionary) who's working hard to keep me up-to-date in current trends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool new format . . . and maybe Bill can figure out how to clone you. Laura. He is good at all that scientific stuff! Hugs from your favorite soon to be sub :)