Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 30, 2009

Well, better late than never! Sorry I didn't get around to up-dating my blog last week! I was helping to coordinate and teach a Vacation Bible School at the English speaking church so I stayed quite busy. Needless to say that, plus several other things that I had going on during the week, definitely kept me on my toes! We averaged about 70 children each day plus over 20 workers! We had GREAT material to use this year! The kids loved it (and so did the rest of us)...talking about God's power! There were hands-on Bible lessons for us to use and experiments for the kids to participate in! It was great! Several kids and parents talked about how much they enjoyed the VBS in general...but especially the Bible lessons! That's encouraging to hear!I have some pictures that I had hoped to get into my blog...but it will have to wait until next week!

This week I have accompanied World Gospel Mission at a resort just out of the city in order to teach their children while the parents are in meetings each morning and evening. The lack of pictures at this time is due to the poor Internet connection. It is SUPER slow...basically dial-up speed...this up-date is being sent to my mom in an email so that she can load it onto my blog page!

There are 10 kids...ages 3, 4, 5, 7,8, 9, and 12. The first night they were so hyper and excited that I was afraid it was going to be a REALLY long week! Fortunately, they settled down some this morning and things went really well, thanks to some VBS material that my parents' church in Suffolk gave us. We're studying the life of Joseph and different ways that God is with us such as when we're in trouble; in the gifts He gives us and how He uses those gifts, etc. Please be praying for this week...I'm tired after last week...and find it a bit of a challenge to get up the energy that I need to plan well and to be excited while we're together, particularly with such a diverse age group, pray for strength! Also, pray for the kids...that they will be attentive and open to the lessons God has in store for them! Thank you so much for your prayers!! Stay tuned next week for pictures and more details on these events!!!! Blessings to you all!

No comments: