Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 16, 2009

I sat down this morning to up-date my blog and realized that I'm not sure what to share with you this morning. I certainly feel like I've been staying busy...of course most of it has been through spending time with people. Occasionally people, mostly youth from church, come over for lunch. Yesterday, two of the girls from my Saturday Bible study came over for lunch. One of them was coming from her classes at the university so she brought a friend with her. What a great opportunity and joy it is to be able to use my home not only as a way to reach out, encourage, and disciple believers...but also as a means of sharing the gospel!

Thank you for praying for the short meditation that I was going to be giving to a group of ladies on Saturday afternoon...as it turned out, the leader called on Friday afternoon and asked to postpone it for this week...so please continue to pray for that!

There are also a couple of upcoming events that I'd like to share with you so that you can be praying for those things as well...

1. Next week, SAM's children's ministry team will be hosting a Vacation Bible School for the English speaking community at Trinity International Church (a church near my school). I will be teaching the 3rd-4th grade class and I am also in charge of organizing the Bible classroom (getting supplies together, answering questions for the Bible teachers, passing out materials, etc.). There is still much to be done before Monday, so we would appreciate your prayers...not only for us...but also for the students who will be attending, that God will speak to their hearts and make Himself real to them.

2. In two weeks, I will be accompanying World Gospel Mission to a local resort (Rio Selva) in order to teach their children while the parents are in meetings each morning and evening. It looks like I will have about 11 children...ages 4-10. I know many of the kids as they are students at my school so I'm looking forward to this time with them. Thanks to my parents' church, Westminster Reformed Presbyterian in Suffolk, VA for donating some materials that I could use for this event. We'll be doing a study on Joseph! I am excited about this conference...but I still have a great deal of planning to do!

3. Little by little, I'm starting to move my things to the apartment at the back of Virginia's house (the house where I'm living now). Virginia has told me that she doesn't mind if I stay there until I find another place to live...or the whole school year if I want! I am very appreciative of her hospitality! It is a pretty small apartment, with no stove...so I don't plan to be there all year, but we'll see. For the time being, I'm hoping to get it set up and get moved in there before she returns in the middle of July!

Well, that pretty much explains what I'm up to these days! Thank you so much for your continued prayers! I can definitely feel them right now! This is typically a difficult time for me with so many people coming and going, as I mentioned before, but I haven't felt the struggle like I typically do! So, thank you for praying!

No comments: