Monday, May 4, 2009

In my up-date last week...I mentioned a conference that SAM's children's ministry team was presenting on Saturday. The title of the conference was "Mujercitas" (Young Women) and primarily addressed the issue of dressing modestly as well as other things including learning about the differences between men and women, choosing friendships wisely, and allowing each one to look at her own heart and evaluate her relationship with the Lord.


All in all the conference went really well! We did the conference with two different groups of girls, one group in the morning and one in the afternoon...about 60 or 70 came for the morning group and 40 or 50 in the afternoon. We got off to a bit of a rocky start in the morning...my mom referred to it as the dress rehearsal and that was what it felt like! However, the afternoon went much smoother. Thank you for praying specifically for my talk...I felt prepared and for the most part the words seemed to flow quite nicely. I even had one of the Bolivian women who is in our mission tell me that my Spanish has really improved! That was encouraging for me to hear. In the afternoon I was also asked to basically give an altar call. A couple of the teachers had presented the gospel in their talks, but we hadn't taken time yet for the girls to pray and accept Christ if they wished to do so. Several (I think about 10) indicated that they had never accepted Christ as the Lord of their lives so we took a few minutes to pray with them. The hard part in a conference like this is that we had so many groups from orphanages and churches...that truly doing follow-up with these girls is next to impossible. However, God knows exactly who they are and we can trust that He will meet them there and provide people in their lives to guide and direct them in their walk with Him. Please continue to pray for them. Please pray also for the girls overall...that this conference will have an impact on the way they present themselves as well as their interactions with others.



Fortunately, this week is a bit slower for me! I'm looking forward to getting caught up on some emails and other paperwork that I got behind in last week! We only have about 3 weeks of school left!!! That's incredible!!! Thank you so much for your continued prayers! Blessings to you all!

No comments: