Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

...well almost! I guess we still have a couple of days until turkey day, but not many! I can't wait! I've been about to burst with excitment for Thanksgiving Day and then all of the holiday festivities that will take place after that! While we were at Virginia Beach last week, they were getting ready for their festival of lights which they set up on the boardwalk. They were testing them out the last night that we were there so we walked along and looked at them! It was so beautiful! I'm certainly not implying that we should skip Thanksgiving Day, but I love that Christmas lights are starting to go up and that many radio stations are playing Christmas music. These aren't very common things in Bolivia, not to mention the typical 95 degree weather, really just means that for the last few years Christmas has not exactly felt like CHRISTMAS! In any case, it is especially exciting for me this year.

Today I am all decked out in my Thanksgiving vest and an orange shirt. My mom is too! We dressed like twins today for a special lunch at my dad's school and then I came with her to work this evening. She doesn't have to work tomorrow and she is very excited (as am I)! Of course, I plan to spend most of the day moving the boxes that I dumped in the guestroom so that Emily, Christopher, and Wesley will have a place to sleep when they come up on Thursday. It will be nice to have them here.


Before I forget, I wanted to let you know that I talked to my real estate agent today. He told me that he has a couple of people who have requested to see my condominium and he is working on setting up an appointment with them. Please pray for those meetings in particular and continue to pray that God would lead the right buyer at the right time!

I am also very glad to report that I only have one more weekend of class! That is a very nice thought! Thank you to all of you who prayed for me last week as I was finishing up my research paper. Praise the Lord, He gave me the strength to get it through and I was able to enjoy the rest of the time at the beach. Other than the remaining weekend, I only have one more research paper, two final exams, and a quiz left to take! Another reason to look forward to the upcoming holidays!

Well, I guess that's all for this week! I know I say this many times, but in the spirit of this upcoming very special day, I want to say once again how thankful I am for each one of you. God uses you in so many different ways (both small and huge)...more than you'll ever know. There have been so many times when letters, email, and/or money have arrived for me at the house, reminding me that you are thinking of and praying for me. Of course, these things always come at the exact moment that I need them! Isn't God's timing perfect?!?! I pray that each of you have a very wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy the fellowship of family and friends this holiday season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a joy it is for us to have you with us for all the holidays. We treasure these moments together.

LOVE YOU MOM and DAD