Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Almost the First of December!

The days are cooler, the leaves are falling to the ground, our Christmas decorations are up, Thanksgiving has come and gone, my mom bought me a bathrobe and slippers so that I'd stop complaining about the cold...I've been home for six months. That really is incredible! I can hardly believe it!

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with my family! There were a couple of very cute pictures that were taken, but I think they are on Emily's camera so I'll have to wait until I can get them from her.

This week I am working on school work...isn't that a surprise! I have now finished my final exam for my church history class. That means that I only have one weekend of class left, one final exam (New Testament Survey), one more quiz, and one research paper! It is nice to be able to see the end in sight! Yesterday, I worked on some research for my last paper. I have a friend from church who is attending Regent University, an evangelical university, in Virginia Beach. Since mom needed to go over that way, I rode along with her and was able to use the library at Regent. My friend checked a few books out for me, which was a real blessing. I also got a few from Gordon-Conwell when I was there a couple of weeks ago, so I should be set for my paper...with the exception of the need for an outline and the reading and the writing...HA, HA!

Tomorrow, I will be going to Rockingham County, North Carolina. The county where I lived and taught before going to Bolivia. I plan to be there until next Wednesday, although I do need to drive down to Charlotte for class this weekend. It is only a couple of hours from there so that isn't too bad. It will help to break up the trip a bit. I haven't heard anything about the couple of people interested in seeing the condominium. I will look into that while I'm in town. Please continue to pray for the sale of the property! You can also pray for safety as I travel and for strength. It is always a little tiring for me to be travelling and meeting lots of new people. I will have the chance to see old friends, but there will be new ones as well. I am scheduled to speak at one of my supporting churches in Eden and a friend of mine asked me to speak in one of her high school special education classes! God is opening some exciting doors! There is also a woman living in Eden who is from Bolivia, near Santa Cruz. Her husband is from the states, but lived in Bolivia for a short time after they were married. We will be having dinner on Sunday night, after they come to hear me speak. I am looking forward to meeting these new friends!

I know this begins a very hectic season for all of you as well! I will be praying for each of you as you seek to follow God's will and spread His love to others, particularly in this Christmas season, which can be so stressful! Blessings to you all!

No comments: