Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8, 2010

I survived camp, fortunately! I did get the feeling that I'm getting old...as I saw these young teenagers with a LOT more energy than I have! However, I had a great time with them! It was exciting for me to see God working in their lives...but also there were a few junior and seniors who went along as well. I remember when most of those kids were in jr. high themselves and it was VERY refreshing to see how God continues to mold and shape them. They're really turning out to be wonderful young men and women who desire to serve the Lord! Once again, I enjoy being part of a ministry such as this...camp and the school in general. Please continue to pray for our high schoolers as they are at camp this week. You can also pray for the teachers who went to this camp in order to serve as counselors...I returned exhausted after only three days, they'll be with those guys until Friday!

The Spiritual retreat with the SAM women was great as well! It was very refreshing and relaxing! Something that God has begun to work in my life, through this retreat and before as well...although it wouldn't be a newsflash to my roommate and others...is that, in short, I'm doing too much. I think I'm running myself a bit ragged and need to find some time to rest and relax. I'm not sure yet when or how those changes are going to take place (many things won't change until after my trip to Argentina...and others won't change for a few months)...but change is in the air. I believe that God is showing me some ministries that I can cut back on a little bit, in order to make room for others to which He is calling me to do...I don't have time in my schedule for both, something's got to give a little bit. Please pray for me as I work to make those changes...some of them won't be easy, as I enjoy all of the things that I'm doing...I just can't do it ALL!

Tara, the intern who is here for 4 months, made it safely in last week, praise the Lord. So far, she seems happy to be here and appears to be adjusting quite well, for which I'm extremely grateful! I'll be seeing her today and tomorrow for various types of orientation things...then I'll be handing over a lot of her care to other missionaries while I'm gone to Argentina.

This Friday, I will be leaving for Argentina. I have decided to travel by bus...buscama they call it as the seats recline in such a way that you actually feel like you're lying down. They're the best buses for long travel! Once I leave on Friday night, I should arrive to the border sometime Saturday morning. Then I will have to get off the bus in order to walk through customs and things at the border. I have been told that most of this is standing out in the heat, long lines, could be a couple of hours, could be much longer than that...we'll see. After that, I should be able to board the bus again...and then I'll be on my way to Cordoba. My arrival time depends on how certain things pan out a bit...but I should be to Cordoba sometime early Sunday morning...if not before. I'm a little nervous about traveling such a long way on my own, but I've had several people give me advice so I know more or less what to expect and the bus line that I plan to use is a very trustworthy one...so that helps. After the busy week that I have going on now...I might really enjoy such a long time to sit, relax, read, cross-stitch, etc. without being able to do much else!

No comments: