Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1, 2010

Greetings once again from Bolivia...for now anyway!!! I'm excited to report that I've gotten some confirmation on my trip to Argentina. I still need to make my travel plans (as my departure date depends on whether I fly or go by bus), but I did hear from the director of the English Village today with more information and a schedule so that I can begin making some plans. I'm very curious about it all and SUPER excited about this opportunity! It does mean that I will miss the camp that my church participates in each year during Carnaval...yet, I'm looking forward to trying out something new!

To be honest...right now the main three things on my mind are...the Argentina trip, Tara Dakin (the intern coming to do children's ministry), and Jr High Camp (which starts this Wednesday and goes through Friday). Those are certainly plenty of things to keep my mind occupied as they entail quite a bit of planning (and the need for many substitutes)! Chelsea and I laugh that I'll be able to relax more in March...I pray that I don't have to wait that long!!!

Although I'm making this a short up-date this week (due to the fact that it's 11:30 at night and I need to get to bed), I really appreciate your continued prayers for these things (particularly those mentioned above as well as diligence in getting tasks done one step at a time). I'm enjoying so many different aspects of ministry currently, but I also don't want to get run down. I'm not always good at making sure I get the rest that I need. This weekend, several of the SAM women are going to stay at a local hotel for the night in order to have a Spiritual retreat and time of prayer together. Even though a part of me feels like I don't have time for such things...the bigger part of me recognizes the importance of it. It should be a good time of rest, relaxation, reflection...and most importantly a chance to bask in God's presence!

Before I forget...thank you for praying for VBS at my church! We had WONDERFUL weather the whole week and many children came! On Sunday morning...at the closing program, we had 108 people in our tiny sanctuary...more than half were children! It's was amazing!! I'll be sure to upload some pictures soon (I need to get them from a friend of mine as I forgot to take my camera). Thank you once again for all of your prayers on behalf of those of us here!

No comments: