Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 6, 2009

Well...as I sit here sweating in shorts and a tank top, I guess I can safely say that Santa Cruz is finally entering into the spring/summer months!

Chelsea and I have officially moved into our new house. We added another roommate, Graciela, yesterday. She is a one of the Bolivian women in charge of the orphanage where my friend Esther works, Talita Cumi...you may remember me mentioning it before. She was living in the states for almost a year and is now back in Bolivia again. I am sure she will be a wonderful addition to our new home. To see pictures of the house (as well as pictures of various other activities in the last month) click on the link below.


http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbNnDNm5btmRS

On Sunday, my church went on a day trip about 2 hours outside of the city. We were supposed to take this trip a couple of weeks ago, but had to postpone it due to bad weather. So, instead, we decided to go this past Sunday...which as it was the first Sunday of the month, would typically be our "Family Sunday". We loaded up in cars and went to a good picnic spot along the river. Each person took along their own food...we shared lunch together as well as a short devotional and fellowship time! It was lots of fun! I was particularly touched at how several of the families looked after me! I appreciated it! One of the families told me they wanted to take lunch for me...so I didn't pack anything. Then, once we were there and she gave me my plate of food...several other families started piling things on as well! It was funny...but I really did appreciate it!

I know this will be a short post, but I'm going to need to leave soon to go meet with one of the girls from the youth group...so I wanted to get a quick update out for some pictures for you to see! Enjoy! Thank you, as always, for your generous support and thoughtful prayers!

No comments: