Monday, September 28, 2009

I woke up this morning to rain and cooler temperatures...that makes getting out of bed SO difficult on a Monday morning! However, I'm up and the day is off to a running start!

I don't have much to report from this week...Chelsea and I officially moved into our new house last Wednesday. I'm still unpacking some of my junk and working on getting settled in. Not to mention she and I are hoping to go out and do a bit of exploring on the buses that pass by the house so that we'll know where they go and so that Chelsea (especially) will be able to have a bit more freedom. We are closer to school than we were before so it was nice to be able to get here so quickly this morning. I had hoped to attach some pictures of the house this morning to my blog...but I haven't gotten a chance to take any. I'll do my best to get some on here very soon.

Yesterday at church we had one of our evangelistic services, which we often do on the last Sunday of the month. It was a typical tea, organized by the married women in the church. There were several different kinds of typical snacks, tea, coffee...as well as a time of fellowship and presentation of the gospel. The congregation was strongly encouraged to bring friends, neighbors, and coworkers who didn't know the Lord...I was very excited to see that we had about 25 visitors! Please pray that God will draw these people unto Himself and that He'll continue to allow us to be lights in a dark world.

Next weekend, I have agreed to start teaching a Master's level class in the mission's department at one of the local universities. The class, which only lasts a month, involves having the students read a book (in English) and then using class time for discussion (mostly done in Spanish). The purpose of the class is to teach the students skills for Reading in English (such as using context clues), and to encourage them in their ability to use English as a source for information and study in missions. As this is a new adventure for me, please pray for wisdom as I begin this class...that God would help me to prepare well for the class. Pray also for the students, that God would bless them through this time of studying together.

Well...I guess that's about it for this week. It's time to get going on all the things I need to accomplish at school today. Thank you so much for your prayers!

No comments: