Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 31, 2009

Well, here we are, the very end of March. April starts this week. I've always loved April...not only for the fact that it's the month of my birthday, but also because it signifies the nearing end of the school year! There's a general excitement in the air knowing that soon we'll be getting ready for a two month vacation from school! Often Easter, my favorite holiday, is also during the month of April. So, as you can see there is much to look forward to!

This past weekend was an encouraging weekend at church! Thank you for your continued prayers on our behalf. Praise God for the work He is doing in and through our little church. On Saturday night, the youth group took a trip to a nearby park in order to pass out tracts and share a time of fellowship by eating ice cream. There turned out to be 10 of us that went! Praise the Lord for that! It was the largest group we've had in a long time...the best part for me was that there were 6 females including myself! I was doing the driving so I needed to go and many times on Saturday I really prayed that I wouldn't be the only female going. It was such an answer to prayer for me! On Sunday too there was a good turnout of people, both in the morning and in the evening. All in all, I was very encouraged by that!

I also have some other news to share with you along with a prayer request. This summer, in July, the woman I am renting the house from will be returning from the states. That will mean that I will be without house or truck. There are many concerns about where I can feel safe living, as a single woman, which has caused some stress at least for me. However, the praise side of it is that it appears that God has provided a roommate!!! I'm super excited about that possibility! A friend of mine, Sandra Jaldin, is a Bolivian doctor who has worked quite extensively with SAM's Ayeore ministry. She just returned from living in the states for about a year where she was part of a program to work on her residency. Unfortunately, due to funding, the program was cancelled, and she had to return to Bolivia. She now plans to do her residency here, although she won't be able to start until next year. In the meantime she will begin working with the Ayeore ministry again as well as in some additional ministries. She is living with her family right now, as is customary for Bolivian singles, but plans to move into a house with me in July. It will be good for her, not only to allow her to keep up the English she learned while in the states, but also to allow her time to study for her residency when needed. I don't think I could have chosen a better friend to live with...fortunately, God worked that one out for me! Please pray for us as we begin looking for a house that will be in a convenient location for both of our ministries as well as in a safe neighborhood for two single women to live.

Thank you so much for your prayer not only in difficult times, but for also joining me in praising the Lord for the blessings He provides!

No comments: