Monday, April 7, 2008

April 7, 2008

Greetings from chilly Franklin, Va! I do not have a lot to report this week so I'll make this a short entry.

I am hoping to buy my plane ticket sometime in the next week, I'll be sure to let you know when I have a set date of departure! I have also finished one of my classes from this semester!!! Yeah! That's exciting! I turned in the remainder of the coursework for that class and took the final exam last weekend. It is nice to feel like I am on the downward slope. I still have two more weekends of classes and the remainding coursework for those two classes, but I it at least feels like I'm getting somewhere! That is quite a blessing for me!


Also, today is my mom's birthday! She and my dad went to the beach for the weekend and got back this afternoon. It was the first time they have had the freedom to travel without worrying about making plans to have people care for Grandpa. Although they never minded doing that, I know they appreciated the chance to truly relax together this weekend. When they returned I cooked mom's birthday dinner and we had a great time with all of the typical festivities...good food, flowers/balloon, cards, presents, dessert! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother and hopefully she realizes how much we all love her...not just today but everyday!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers! I guess that's it...until next week!

1 comment:

Linda Dial said...

Hi Laura! I'm finally getting around to asking B. for help to comment to your blog!! I hope this works so I can comment more in the coming weeks! Love ya and looking forward to seeing you later today on your BIRTHDAY :) SURE LIKE THE PICTURE OF YOU & YOUR PARENTS!!!