Monday, March 24, 2008

Sorry for the delay...

I'm sorry that I have not updated my blog for a couple of weeks now...things have been a little crazy around here. I'll use this up-date to catch you up to speed!

I don't have much of an excuse for my lack of efficiency the first week, that was simply due to all of the studying that I needed to do.

However, since then there have been major happenings...the first big event was my nephew's first birthday on March 15. Although my older sister's husband was unable to attend, Janet flew to NC for the occasion, I was already in NC due to class so it was easy for me to be there, mom and dad also came down, not to mention most of Christopher's extended family were there! We had a wonderful time watching and laughing this delightful bundle of joy! There are a few pictures below of the happy occasion.


Janet and I stayed for a few days after the party to spend time with Emily, Christopher, and Wesley! That was so much fun! Janet has also started selling Premier Jewelry so Emily hosted Janet's first show and as a kickoff, the proceeds from that show were donated to my ministry! What a blessing that was!

About that same time, a decision was made concerning Grandpa given that he would not be able to stay by himself any longer. After exploring all of the options here in Franklin as well as looking to see what was available in North Canton, OH (which is where his biological son lives), Pick decided that the best decision was to move into an assisted living facility near his son, Dick. Given that he has lived with my family full-time for about 12 years and in the summers for several years before that...we are sad to see him go. God has provided many confirmations that this is the right decision, but he will be missed here. It will be especially strange for my parents as they have not truly been empty-nesters since before Janet was born...and even that was only for about 2 years. Please pray for this transition in my family!

Finally, I am happy to report that God has provided about 79% of my needed support! I am so close to the 80% and there are a few people from whom I'm awaiting a confirmation of their pledge. I feel confident that God will soon provide the full 80% that is needed for me to buy my ticket and then the remaining 20% needed for me to be fully funded! Praise the Lord for His continued faithfulness!

As you can see, we have had an emotional couple of weeks and this week won't be much better! Mom and Dad will be taking Grandpa to North Canton on Friday. If all goes well, they plan to return on Saturday since my Dad is flying to New Mexico early on Sunday morning from Norfolk! It could be difficult traveling with Grandpa as he still has a lot of weakness in his leg, not to mention emotionally draining for my parents. I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers! Thank you so much for your continued support!

No comments: