Monday, January 21, 2008

January 21, 2007

Greetings from Siloam Springs, Arkansas!

My last week with Janet and Rick was as enjoyable as the first. Janet and I took a quick trip to San Antonio on Wednesday and Thursday. It was beautiful! I had always wanted to go there and this was the perfect opportunity! We got to take a tour cruise on the Riverwalk. We also went to La Villita, which was the first settlement in San Antonio and now has many interesting shops. On Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning we went to the Alamo and then to all of the other missions in the area, which were established by the Spanish in order to convert the Indians. One of the highlights of the trip for me was a musical group from Peru that was playing at the Riverwalk Mall. The music was typical to what I often heard in Bolivia and I had a chance to talk to them after they finished playing. All in all it was an incredible trip!


I also enjoyed sharing about Bolivia in the Spanish classes at Bethesda Christian School on Friday. It was a lot of fun! I enjoyed meeting the students and the Spanish teacher. Interestingly, the teacher and his family had recently returned to the states after serving the Lord in Guatemala. We enjoyed swapping stories and experiences of culture shock.

On Saturday morning I said good-bye to Janet and Rick. It was bittersweet; I was sad to leave them, yet ready to be on my way again. I then flew to Tulsa, Oklahoma where my friend Dana Sterling met me at the airport. You may remember that Dana was one of the other women who lived at Lidia's house with me my last year in Bolivia. She is now back in the states teaching in Rogers Arkansas. After picking me up from the airport, we had brunch at her parent's house and then came to Sloam Springs, which is where Dana lives. I will be here with her until Thursday, at which time I will return to Franklin (just barely in time for my next semester of classes to start).
Well, I guess that's about it for this week. Because of all the travelling that I have been doing, I am a little behind on current news concerning my condo and other such prayer requests. Thank you for continuing to pray for those things! I'll be sure to let you know, once I find out something myself! Blessings to you all!

No comments: