Monday, January 14, 2008

January 14, 2007

Greetings once again from Arlington, Texas! I have heard from several of you who had time to read my blog entry last week, thank you for squeezing that into your busy schedules. Your prayers were definitely felt this week!


I continue to have a great time here with Janet and Rick. Last week, Janet and I went to the museum at the Wycliffe Center. That was a lot of fun and very well done! Also, Janet was playing in a concert with the Waco Symphony and they invited Art Garfunkel to come as a guest performer for the concert. Janet didn't think about it being a sold out concert so she hadn't gotten tickets beforehand. Fortunately, God worked it out for Rick and me to be able to get tickets so that we could attend, even though we were on a waiting list until about 2 hours before the concert! Praise the Lord! I had a great time watching Janet perform and hearing Art Garfunkel sing! It was a wonderful concert! On Saturday night we were able to have dinner with Bob and Mary Kaiser longtime friends of our from Abingdon...we grew up with their kids. They are now serving with Wycliffe so we enjoyed hearing about the work to which God has called them.


On Sunday, I had the opportunity to speak at Janet and Rick's church. We also did a couple of songs in Spanish with their worship team, since Janet is the music leader. I appreciated that greatly! It is a little quick to see what hearts God may have touched, but I did have one woman ask me about sending in financial support so that is a definite answer to prayer! There were also several people who asked to be added to my mailing list. Praise the Lord for these new partnerships! In order to help you pray more specifically for my financial needs, it looks like I am about $1000 below on my needed monthly support and about $6000 below on my needed outgoing funds (which is the one time lump sum for exiting the country and setup fees in Bolivia).

(lunch with Rick's sister and her family and Janet's

friend, Kim, after church on Sunday)

This week, Janet and I have decided to take a quick trip to San Antonio on Wednesday, coming back on Thursday. I am super excited about that! I have never been there before and always wanted to go since I have heard such beautiful things about it. I am glad God has so openly worked it out for us to go. Also, on Friday I have the opportunity to speak to three different Spanish classes at Bethesda Christian School, which is one of the schools where Janet goes to teach private lessons. I enjoy having opportunities such as this to get back into the classroom. I am thankful that God has provided this connection.

I have one quick note about my Gordon-Conwell classes...my mom called today to let me know that the rest of my assignments along with the final grade for my Church History class last semester had arrived. They show that I received an A- in that class! I am quite pleased and praising the Lord for the strength, endurance, and discipline to have done so well! I haven't heard about the other two classes yet, but at least I now know one of the three! Thank you for your prayers for that!

Well, I think it's time for me to go get some dinner! I am constantly encouraged by your constant love, prayers, and support! Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Laura! Good to read about what you're doing and seeing there . . . we'll be praying for you regarding financial support. It sure would be great to have you back down here in Bolivia! We miss you!! In His service with you. . . Love, Janine