Monday, December 10, 2007

December 10, 2007

Thank you to all of you who prayed for my grandfather last week. I am happy to report that he is doing quite well. The surgery was a big success and they were very pleased at how strong his bones actually were once they got into performing the surgery! Praise the Lord for that! They wanted to keep him in ICU on Friday night, due to his age. However, he ended up staying longer than that, because there were no available beds elsewhere. We are thankful that today he was moved into a regular room, which makes it easier for others to go to see him or call him. Interestingly enough, they moved him back into the same room that he was in last week. He is in room 247 at Southhampton Memorial Hospital in Franklin. The phone number is 757-569-6247. Thank you once again for praying...please continue to pray for his recovery as he still has a long road ahead of him before he'll be up and walking.

Yesterday, our church in Suffolk had Michael Card come to do his Christmas concert titled "The Promise". The choir that mom and I sing in at church was his backup, along with an orchestra. It was a lot of fun and a very big deal for all of us who enjoy his music! It was a great reminder of the true meaning of the Christmas season.

With all of the activity we have had going on the past few days, I have gotten rather far behind on a research paper that I am supposed to have finished before this weekend. I have finally been able to develop an outline and fortunately I did most of the research before my travels last week; however, it is still a long process. Please pray for me as I work to finish that up this week and get it mailed to my professor.

Thank you as always for your faithful prayers. They are frequently felt and appreciated! Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Doug and Grace said...

Hi Laura, you might let folks know that Grandpa is now in the rehab wing of the hospital. His room is 307 and the phone number is 757.569-6307. We are praising the Lord with you.

MOM