Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 9, 2010

Greetings once again from Santa Cruz, Bolivia. With temperatures in the 70s today...it has really felt like "fall" for us here. We are nearing the end of the school year...with graduation only three weeks away! It is hard to believe, how the year does fly by!

You may remember that in my last post, I mentioned that Chelsea and I would be going to a small community called Villa Cruz to teach a workshop for Sunday School teachers. We left on a Thursday night, by bus...arrived in San Ignacio de Velasco (SIV) on Friday morning...had the day to tour SIV and to show Chelsea some of the ministry SAM has had there in the past. Then, on Friday afternoon, we took a bus (actually more like a large van...very crowded van I might add)...to Villa Cruz. Friday evening, we started the workshop...which continued until Sunday afternoon. With the exception of their typical weekend services on Saturday night and Sunday morning, we spent the rest of the time in the workshop. I even got asked to preach on Saturday night as well...so we stayed pretty busy while we were there! Chelsea was a HUGE help and I was so thankful for her company and support throughout the weekend. On Sunday afternoon, after finishing up the workshop, we made our way back to SIV, and then on to Santa Cruz by bus that night...arriving in the city Monday morning. As soon as we got back we hit the ground running with various school activities. Praise the Lord, all in all the workshop was a great experience...thank you so much for your prayers! There were about 22 people who attended the conference and I was pleased to see the things they were learning and taking away with them!

Last night, was the Jr. Sr. Banquet for school. It was held at the tennis club this year...the same place where Chelsea and I went to the wedding a couple of weeks ago. The banquet is just another sign that the school year is coming to an end. As I watched the pictures on the power point of the senior class throughout their years of attending the Learning Center...I was reminded of what some of them were like when I taught them my first year on the field. These students were in 7th grade then. It is unbelievable to me that now I am watching them graduate. If I include the year that I was home on furlough, I have been connected to the Learning Center for the same number of years that I taught in North Carolina! I praise the Lord that He is continuing to allow me to be something constant and stable in the lives of these children...lives that are so accustomed to constant comings and goings! There are still two full weeks of classes...during which I will also be doing ESL testing for some of the current and incoming students! Then there will be a few days of exams...ending with graduation on Friday, May 28. Please continue to pray for the end of the school year...that both teachers and students will be able to FINISH WELL!

I'm attaching a link with a few pictures of our trip to SIV/Villa Cruz...as well as a few pictures from the banquet. Please let me know if you have any problems opening the link!
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbNnDNm5btmS8

This week, you could also be praying for an intensive course in CIET for Sunday School teachers (and others who work with children) that I will be teaching along with a few other missionary friends. The class will be each night, from Monday through Friday...7:15-9:45; plus there will be additional requirements/assignments for the students outside of class, should they choose to receive credit. This, in addition to all of the things happening at school right now, makes this a very busy week for all of us! We covet your prayers during this time!

Finally, I have gotten word from the mission that owns the house where I'm living...that they need this house for some of their other missionaries. Therefore, I will have to move once again! They are offering me another house that they have available. It is a nice house, in a GREAT location! It is a bit more expensive...but it appears that God is providing roommates once again...even though Chelsea is returning to the states. Please pray for me this week as I make a final decision on the house...and begin to look toward that transition of packing up and moving once again!

Thank you so much for your prayers on my behalf! I appreciate your concern and support for the ministry to which God has called me! May He bless you for your faithfulness to Him!

No comments: