Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm back in Santa Cruz!

In case you haven't heard yet, I made it safely back to Santa Cruz. The trip home was shorter, there weren't as many police controlled checkpoints and we made good time. I almost missed my connection in Metan, Argentina...but fortunately they decided to wait for me! I'm not sure why, but I was thankful! I arrived in Santa Cruz at about midnight on Monday night. My friend Beth and a couple of others from church were waiting for me at the bus station. By the time they got me home and to bed, it was about 1:30 AM. I slept in a little bit on Tuesday, then went into school for the afternoon. All in all, the trip to Argentina was well worth it for me! I learned so many things which will be useful here and I met some wonderful people! I was actually a little sad to be returning! However, I am glad to be home...sleeping in my own bed again...and my roommate is extremely glad to have me back...I imagine the house was pretty empty without me!

I continue to help coach the JV Girl's basketball team...which is currently 3 and 0!!! We have a lot of fun together...and although I really don't know anything about basketball, I enjoy spending time with them! Also this week, a team of students from a university in Florida arrived. I was busy on the weekend acting as a taxi service, translator, and cook! They're gone to a couple of Ayore communities outside of the city...but I decided it would be best for me to not miss anymore school! I think I'm still trying to get caught up from the time that I missed!

Attached below is a link with some pictures of the English Village in Cordoba, Argentina! Hope you enjoy them! Thank you so much for your prayers during that adventure...it was a huge blessing to me in so many ways! Enjoy the pictures!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbNnDNm5btmRh

No comments: