Monday, June 30, 2008

June 30, 2008

Greetings once again from Santa Cruz! I'm afraid I don't have very much to share and it is getting late so I will just give you a quick up-date for this week!

Highlights from this past week:
1. I spoke at my church on Sunday morning. It was our missions Sunday led/organized by Dalmiro Ortiz one of the pastors at our church. Dalmiro is a Bolivian pastor who feels God calling him to overseas ministry in India. He would like to complete the mission's internship program that my home church, Abingdon Bible Church, offers...starting after Christmas. After that he hopes to serve the Lord as a missionary in India. We are very excited for Him and are praying that God will provide for all of his needs both financially as well as through the paperwork he would need to go to the states and then to India. Please join us in praying for him!

2. On Sunday afternoon, the youth from my church went to the children's hospital to hand out teddy bears that had been handmade by a retirement village in the states and sent down to missionaries here. We visited around the hospital visiting with the patients, praying for them, and where God opened doors...shared the gospel! It was an exciting time and I enjoyed being a part of it! It is so exciting to see God working in the lives of our youth!

Those are the two main highlights from this week! On Friday I will join the SAM family as well as a team that is here for a 4th of July picnic! This particular team comes every year and brings bratwurst and I'm not sure what else...but things we can't find here! It's a great time of fellowship and the team helps to make it extra special! I'll conclude this up-date with a few pictures of my house that I recently took...Enjoy! Thank you for your continued support and prayers! I appreciate the comfort of knowing you are lifting me and my family here up in your prayers! (I'm not having any success with the pictures...I'll try again in a couple of days when I can get to a different computer to see if a faster connection will help! Sorry!)

No comments: