Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February 19, 2008

Happy Belated Valentine's Day to all those whom I love! It is special holidays such as these that I am reminded how much I am loved by all of you through your faithful support and prayers. Thank you so much!

I just have a couple of quick things to share with you in regards to some of the prayer requests I mentioned last week.

First of all, we recently found out that Grandpa could be released from the hospital as early as the first week in March. This will mean that some decisions need to be made concerning his transition, based on what kinds of things he will be strong enough to handle. Please continue to pray for all of us as we seek wisdom through this decision-making process. Pray for Grandpa too, because regardless of what decision is made, the accident has taken a toll on him and he will not be able to be as independent as he was before.

Also, thank you for continuing to pray for my financial support level. Praise the Lord...the gap has closed ever so slightly as a couple of people have raised the level they are able to give and a friend recently asked to be a new supporter. However, I continue to be slightly below 70% and need 80% before I can return to the field. Yesterday, I was also able to get a copy of the support application for the church where my parent's attend in Suffolk. I will get that filled out and I believe the committee will be meeting at the end of March so that they can discuss their mission's budget. There are also a couple of other churches/individuals with whom I have been in touch concerning this deficit. I would appreciate your continued prayers for this need.

Well, I think those are the highlights for the time being. I will be travelling for about the next week and a half (starting in Bedford, VA with a visit to my aunt and uncle...then on to Abingdon to speak at Abingdon Bible Church...after a few days there, I'll go to Winston-Salem to stay with Carrie Bonner, a childhood friend...finally, I'll have class in Charlotte and return to Franklin in time to give a presentation in my Sunday School class here on March 2). Thank you so much for your continued support and prayers. You are each such a blessing to me!

No comments: